How about, practice, practice, practice?
This article encourages us to practice our machine quilting.
http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2014/03/machine-quilting-practice-practice-practice/
I was very young when I took piano lessons. I loved music and the piano but as I got older I wanted to be in the marching band and concert band. Well, you can't carry a piano around on the football field or in a parade. I took clarinet lessons and loved every minute of learning and the "perks" of being in the band. OK, there were boys on the band bus and we had plenty of away games. We had such fun singing on the drive home.
You remember, don't you how exciting it was to participate in an activity where you actually had fun? No, I wasn't an athlete, but I sang in the glee club and was in the marching and concert band for about eight years (that included college). I practiced every day at school and at home. We marched and did maneuvers on the field daily. Yes, you got it. It didn't matter what the weather was, we practiced. Perhaps I was athletic after all.
Oh, I love the entire process of making a quilt. Yes, I practice machine quilting before starting a project. I've since learned quilting on the Gammill long arm quilting machine and it's so wonderful. Will I earn a blue ribbon with my machine quilting? Probably not. I will be learning and practicing until my last quilt. If I waited for perfection, I wouldn't have any completed quilts.
Do you think practice makes perfect? Not at all. It is more like aspiring to be the best I can be. I've carried that throughout my life. Am I there yet? Of course not. With God's help I'll keep aspiring in whatever I'm doing.
Now some of you know I make up words; carpe quiltiem or quiltify. Someone has to do it.
"Sew" dear quilty friends, please don't be discouraged if your quilting isn't perfect. Aspire to keep on keeping on.
Carpe Aspiring, y'all,
Woodie
No comments:
Post a Comment