Saturday, May 31, 2014

Where are the Quilts, you ask?

They're here, really, waiting to have their picture taken.

Had to take "Red Ravy" in for service yesterday. My daughter met me and we transferred my camera gear into her vehicle and away we went to Titlow Beach, Tacoma. We were chasing clouds and here's a picture.


The first pic looks like a fence but needs a few clay pots of flowers. It really isn't a fence but an old pier; second pic.

The lesson of the day was filters. I used a ND8 filter and no, it isn't cheating, it is just taming the bright light, so to speak. I don't even know the language but I'm learning a picture doesn't have that "washed out" look when using a neutral density filter.  Now that's about all I know about that filter, but I have a few more I'll try soon, maybe today. I also have a circular PL...you can move it around when on the lens. I've been told by a very reliable source (you know who she is) that it will give different lighting effects. I think that's what she said. I'll find out today. OK, I'm hooked and I will take some quilt pictures also.

I suppose it's sorta like when we're creating our beautiful quilts. We definitely use light, medium, and dark fabrics. Well sometimes we even paint on our fabric. Horrors? No, we're enhancing our design just like when we use filters on our camera lens.

When I was beginning to quilt, I used to embellish the quilts with crystals, pins, buttons. I even painted certain items to go on the quilt. That was even before I knew what "embellishing a quilt" was. So see, filters, embellishing, it's all okey dokey in my book.

I've noticed a few wrinkles since I had cataract surgery. Ha, ha, what filter can I use to enhance....never mind.

I baked potato rolls and cinnamon twists a few days ago and shared with neighbors and a family member. Now what to do? Quilting, gardening, bake bread or walk the dog? I know; walk the dog with camera and tripod. I still have rolls in the freezer and I'll quilt after the sun don't shine.


Mickey dog resting at the "locks of love" at Chambers Bay. That's where we're heading.

Carpe Quiltiem y'all,
Woodie

No comments:

Post a Comment