Saturday, May 17, 2014

Sweet Memories of Family

Two beautiful Coker women.

My Mother's Mother, my Grandma Coker. Books could be written about this lady, her trials and accomplishments in the coalfields of McDowell County, WV. She was a Godly woman and her humor would knock your socks off.

I loved taking the train or the bus to visit her. Only about 10 miles but it was an adventure "in those days.

Oh, how I loved my Grandma Coker.

My precious Mother, Ginny. She loved the LORD, her family and friends. She enjoyed flower arranging, cake decorating from scratch and read constantly. (Hmmm, wonder where I got that from?) Sister dear and I went to our high school reunion about 12 years ago in WV and my two best school friends commented about Mom being the best cook. They even told me what they ate that "Mommy" had cooked. Can you believe that?
She would listen to me recite my homework and memorized it quicker than I did. She was 5'2" and eyes were blue and probably didn't even weigh 100 pounds. A WOW package in that beautiful woman.

Thank you LORD for my Grandma and my Mother.

Love to y'all,
Woodie

2 comments:

  1. I loved taking the train from Detroit to Grandma Cokers house, that is a trip I'll always remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll share memories at the reunion this summer. It'll be awesome!

    ReplyDelete