Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Don't you love your "AHA" Moments?

I knew this, didn't I? This explanation is so helpful. It's an.........

Here's a question that I don't think I've thought about. What happens when the stitch length is shortened or lengthened? I mean, what really happens? I usually piece quilts at 2.0 or 2.2. I like that length of stitch. Here's that question again. What is really happening? No, I'm not going to try to explain it but this Quiltmaker site makes it so simple to me that the lightbulb came on. Sew, please read the short article and have your own "Aha" moment.

You can copy and paste and then the lightbulbs will be going on all over Quilty World.

http://www.quiltmaker.com/blogs/quiltypleasures/2011/01/understanding-stitch-length/?utm_source=QMKNL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=QMKNL_20140401

In the meantime, lets "Quiltify" the world and make this the best April 1 ever.

Carpe Quiltiem Y'all.
Woodie



2 comments:

  1. Loving your blog Woodie !!!! I can re-read the posts and find 'AHA' moments :) I saw one pic with your fabric choices and you had 'paint chips' with them. I am still not confident in choosing fabrics that will 'beautify' my quilt......AHA !!!!! If I use the paint chips, my confidence will just get better and better. I love to see your pictures. Your posts are filled with words that make me smile. Happy April 1st !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gigigi, My coffee tastes so much better just reading your comments. I will write about quilts and then my life sort of creeps in. Keep having your "AHA" moments and I'm so glad the paint chips will give you more confidence. Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville is the one I learned about paint chips. I don't use them all the time, just on Bonnie's mystery quilts. Your words make me smile. Carpe Quiltiem.

      Delete