Thursday, February 28, 2013

Another Milestone

I really don't keep track of the days since Art died. I was reminded that it was three months on February 26. Can it be only three months? We've lived through the anniversary of his birthday, Christmas, three months and the date we actually met over 40 years ago. Now don't y'all be sad. Remember the smiles and laughter and goofy jokes he would tell. Don't forget his hugs.

The biggie is coming up folks, our 40th Wedding Anniversary on March 17. I actually don't even dread these dates and ask the LORD for His guidance. Yes, of course I miss him but can actually play his favorite Neil Diamond CDs and sing and dance like no one is watching. We loved to dance to these songs.

A few nights ago I had Neil on You Tube and found a BBC concert from 1971 and another BBC concert in 2009. I like his more mature voice. I cranked up the volume on those great speakers that my son gave me and it was foot to the medal of the pedal. The walls were vibrating. WOW, how many quilt blocks can a woman sew during two concerts? Kinda like the ole woodchuck chucking.

Still working on Bonnie Hunter's design Scrappy Mountain Majesties but I've renamed mine A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains. Yes, I'm from WV and love those mountains. I have 80 blocks stitched and need a total of 132. I'm on a roll. My sister and I swap fabric because she's doing the same design. It's scrappy and the more the merrier. She lives in MI and we're trying to keep the Post Office open on Saturday.

AAM on the Design Wall
A new quilt for a new year and a new beginning.
No more room on the design wall. Isn't that wonderful? That's progress.
I used to tell Art that it takes us twice as long to do half as much. Isn't it wonderful that our weeks are all weekends? I can quilt every day because it's a weekend. Wonderful seems to be my word of the day.
Get ready for March. It'll be a beautiful month.

Now, go out there and Quiltify! (my made up word)





4 comments:

  1. it is amazing how much tedious cutting of fabric u can get done while listening to mr. diamond. i am a huge fan! oh, btw, yr quilts are lovely. i have made 4 since i got my new machine for my birthday. i also agree with the weeks are all weekends. i am forced to take breaks to walk the dog, tho. xoxoxo susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You told me you got a new sewing machine but I haven't seen your four (4) WOW,WOW,WOW,WOW quilts. Give me a few days as I have some appointments and we'll have our own "sew and show" party. I'm ready to see you dear friend.

      Delete
  2. Nice work, Momma Lou! It looks A-MAZE-ING!!! ;)
    XOXO
    XOXO
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dot-er dear. I am so ready to finish my "New Beginning" quilt and climb up to another one. It's Friday and you should be laughing all day. Awwww, the week-end!

    ReplyDelete