Saturday, March 9, 2013

Yes, March is a Beautiful Month

We can trick the clock and sew earlier or even later. There's always a way to sew one more block.That happened to me last night. I ate dinner at 8ish, which is much later than normal. (What's normal? It's only a setting on a dryer.) Since my tummy was full I actually was able to get in a few more hours of quilting. O Joy! I love my west facing Quilty Haven because of the light that pours through the window. That is a beautiful thing!

Yes, I am still working on the A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains. My home town is smack dab in those mountains and I've always loved them. That's why I renamed the quilt. The design is Bonnie Hunter's Scrappy Mountain Majesties. That woman is an incredible scrappy quilter. She says that scraps cost the same amount as yardage does so let's use them. There's a link to her blog on the side. Just scroll down. You won't be sorry and you'll be amazed at her talent. 

Sew, let's get back to AAM. I have 128 blocks pieced and on the design wall. Need 24 to go. Yes, it'll happen today. I can't get all the blocks on the design wall so I'll be forced to vacuum the carpet in the Garden Room and put the blocks on the carpet. Let the arranging begin. Another beautiful thing.

Time to Quiltify.







1 comment: