Saturday, March 16, 2013

It's National Quilting Day

We know that every day is a Quilting Day in my world and not just on National Quilting Day. Today I packed my trusty rotary cutter, scissors, and other notions and off I went to Calico Threads Quilt Shop to sew charity quilts.I had already met Donna, Sandy and Barb. Those ladies are so much fun. 

I didn't have to take one of my sewing machines as I used a shop machine. That was fun but there was definitely a learning curve. I'm so glad they offered and that I didn't have to lug the machine in and out of the Rav4. It's so high I'd need a ladder. Actually I didn't have to bring fabric or even use any of my supplies.  We had more fun sewing the 2-1/2" wide strips end to end, then again and again until there were about 16 across (I think). I just did as I was told, yes, I did.  

The picture shows a couple of finished quilts (one is mine) and a pile of strips, also mine. The real life colors of the quilts are so vivid and beautiful. 


1600 Jelly Roll Quilt, Check it out on You Tube. 

There was also a class on long arm quilting and I met Heather the instructor. Absolutely everyone was delightful and I was even invited back. Yes, I was on my very best behavior and I finally gave in and became a little goofy. It has been several years since I've sewn with a group. I was happy, happy just to be with other quilters.

I'm encouraging all of my quilty friends to visit Calico Threads Quilt Shop on Pearl St. in Tacoma. They're located in the parking lot across from Safeway next door to Subway. SUBWAY, do you realize the wonderful aromas that permeated the shop all day? When you visit the quilt shop tell them I sent you. They'll either roll their eyes or give you a hug. I know it'll be a hug because they're so sweet.

We got through the Ides of March and we have Wearing of the Green March 17. Also looking forward to a soup luncheon after church.

Word of the day is FUN!

Enjoy and go out there and Quiltify!

No comments:

Post a Comment