Monday, March 11, 2013

Carpe Diem or Seize the Day or Moment

Today I'm seizing the Moment in my Day. Our Helping Hands group at church make items for Tandala Hospital in the Republic of Congo, South Africa. This hospital is one of two hospitals that serves more than 500,000 people.

Some of the ladies at Church make scrubs for the nurses and some roll bandages out of donated sheets (washed, of course). Some of us make items for the babies born in the hospital. For over a decade I've been making kimonos and blankets for newborns. These mamas have no clothes to dress them in when they leave the hospital.

My son-in-law brought me a folding banquet table to put in the Garden Room so not to disturb Nina 4 (Bernina sewing machine) and quilty things in the Quilty Haven. I have a box full of fabric and have Baby Lou (serger) on the table ready to go. Takes about a half an hour to do one kimono and one blankie.

"Sew" dear friends, my A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains quilt is on hold for a few days even though there are only 12 more blocks to piece to make a total of 132.

Words of the day: Carpe Diem or my new word is Carpe Quiltem.
You know you like it.

Carpe Quiltem and keep Quiltify to your heart's content.

WW

2 comments:

  1. You changed your sewing machine name...she used to be "bernie" or was that just an "artism"? Love the new name! Keep quilting -- so glad you're having the mamas in the Congo. Just a worthy cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, I was never very comfortable with the name "Bernie" and "Nina" just fits her. We name everything around here, even the dog.I know, dogs usually have names. Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete