Friday, July 12, 2013

Carpe Quiltiem, yes we seized the fun of the moment


Two of my favorite things.

My daughter and I went on a photo shoot today. We spent time between the beautiful wildflowers in my neighborhood and the Puget Sound. Of course the ferry dock going to Vashon Island was #1 on our stop. We did not go to the “Rock” but drove the five mile loop at Pt. Defiance Park. I just finished a surprise quilt for dot-er's friend and it was in her/DH/their truck. I took a picture of the quilt on the dock. Pretty cool picture with the ferry docking. 

I like taking pictures of quilts in unexpected places. My mind is so full of locations but it would take a very long ladder and I'll keep you guessing. My daughter loves my "quirkiness", as she calls it.

I  did not know we were going to do this but it is not a surprise to me. I’d put sunscreen on that morning and sunscreen always brings out the fun. I even wear it in the winter. I do like my fun. Actually a ferry is fun also. Spending time with my Dot-er is the best fun ever.

Wait until you see the pictures of the wildflowers she took. They’re gor-ge-ous. They remind me of a watercolor quilted pillow sham….another story, another quilt.

Next time y’all.
Carpe Quiltiem!

Woodie

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic. Love the five mile drive but I haven't been in a while. Maybe I can talk DH into going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mary. It was hot in the sun but so cool under those beautiful trees and by the beach. Take time out for a drive with your DH. Just don't feed those pesky raccoons. They came right up to the truck while we were driving.

    ReplyDelete