Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another Day in July, Another Photo Shoot and Another Quilt

In other words, it's my birthday month and it's playtime with my dot-er. She treated me to another day trip. The photo shoot took place at the Lavender Festival in Sequim, WA. The Sun Bonnet Sue Quilt Club has their quilt show there each year. Those quilters have talent and their quilts showed the love. We especially enjoyed seeing the "bed turning". There were about 15 quilts on the bed and two ladies with white gloves folded the quilts as the narrator described the quilts. One was a silk crazy patch on a quilt stand. A baby quilt was draped on a 1880's baby buggy. Most of the quilts were from the 1800's and a few from the early 1900's. Can you even imagine making a quilt today that someone may enjoy in a hundred years?

Onto the fields.

Yes, we stepped through the fence to get to the fields.

The lavender fields were absolutely beautiful and the scenery while driving was breathtaking. We saw mountains, rivers, Puget Sound, the Pacific and fields. The pictures I took are with my cell phone and I'm happy with them but my dot-er's are spectacular. She has to have a pony and cart to carry the camera lenses. Not really, she just straps them to my back.

Just when we thought it couldn't get any better, we made a little detour and did not take the correct road to Port Gamble. OK, I wasn't paying any attention to where we were and all of a sudden nothing was familiar to me. We had a gorgeous drive through the Olympics. Then back on track, to the ocean.

There was a white tent set up for a wedding overlooking the water.  Destination weddings are the thing. Who needs to go out of the country when we have this?

Oki-doki, we've covered a day in July, the photo shoot and  now I'm thinking about the quilt. You know I posted Summer at Woods Cove a few weeks ago, the snuggle quilt that I named Mimikins. Pieced and quilted a table runner and need the brain power to figure out the scalloped sides. Yes, I know it won't be difficult but, excuses, excuses.

Aw, the AAM or A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains is a WIP, (work in progress). Are you getting tired of me writing about it? I'm still hand sewing the binding but it'll be finished before I need it on my bed. If you look closely you can see the binding in the upper left side. The backing is a green print. For better views you can check the July 1 blog.


Sew, there you have it quilty friends. My birthday month and onward to the Washington State History Museum. The last time I was there one of the exhibits featured QUILTS. I even knew some of the artists.

Carpe Quiltiem y'all and of course, keep on quiltifying.

Blessings, Woodie


No comments:

Post a Comment