It's really one bird and a nest of wasp.
On Saturday morning, I heard a lot of noise and I thought it was the crows on top of the covered lanai so I started yelling and thrashing my arms. It was Mickey dog with a huge bird in his mouth. I thought Mickey would fly away and I yelled so loudly that he actually dropped the bird which died within a minute. I do not, I repeat, do not like disposing of dead birds. I do better with RATS, ick.
Of course the guy next door was not home not that I would ask him to dispose of the bird but I was thinking about it. So I called my sister and told her to get her DH here in a hurry. I live in WA and they live in MI and that was out of the question. Besides the bird would be a smelly mess by then and it was by the driveway gate and I couldn't open it to get the car out and I had places to go.
I kept talking to my sis and we were laughing so hard and we came up with a few scenarios on how to get rid of the dead bird. I cannot, cannot, cannot just pick it up with a shovel and feel the weight while scooping it up. I put the phone down and still talking to her as I went to get a rake to push the bird on the shovel.
We both thought I should hose the bird down the driveway and let the crows take care of it. Good road kill if you ask me. Well, actually, driveway kill because that's where it died. The bird was so heavy that it wouldn't budge with hosing it full force.
I realized I was laughing so loudly and talking and walking around without a phone. A little strange if you ask me but Sis was on speaker and the neighbors could hear except they weren't home. If they were home, I wouldn't be walking around like a nut case. I would have been yelling "help"!
I did eventually get that bird into a box, a nice QVC box that my Birkies came it. It should be quite comfy on the soft bed.
No, this is not a picture of the bird but it's final resting box. Needless to say, I did not have chicken for dinner.
No bees but how about wasps?
I did say wasp (that is a four letter word in my book). Last week I was pruning blackberry bushes and looked up into a rhododendron bush and saw a huge wasp nest. Believe me, it was active with zillions of flying wasp.
The nest was larger than my head but smaller than my hips. Gives you an idea of the monster size that it was.
I sprayed it with a wasp killer four nights in a row and one morning but let me tell you they're awake very early. Best to spray at night when they're snuggled in.
This is what my daughter and her DH found Sunday morning.
The nest had split in half. I had saturated the nest five times (20' spray so I wasn't close to it) and by the fourth night they were dead. My SIL (son-in-law) brought his shop vac so they were taken care of with one turn of the switch.
We ate lunch and then on to Chambers Bay for a walk and a photo shoot. That's another story.
Nothing at all about quilts. I did sew a pillow case to put around a piece of foam for my neighbor to sit on in her car.
I'm still hand sewing the binding (412 inches) on the AAM, A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains quilt.
Oh, did I write about a three foot wasp nest I just found under the garage roof? Another night, another spray. This is quite enough for one blog. Keep on quiltifying y'all.
Carpe Quiltiem.
Woodie


2.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment