Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Who me, Focus?

Up early and still drinking my delicious, black liquid. Can't get going. Sometimes there's so much to do that I just shut down. This is one of those mornings. Outside late last night watering the back garden and hand watering plants out front. It was still 80+ degrees at 9 PM. I love summer but I'm actually overwhelmed with the work that has to be done. Definitely has cut into my quilting time.

A bushel of apples have fallen that weren't ripe so I have to get them picked up and put in the compost. Also lots of Italian plums are falling. They're my favorite, then the raspberries. They were so thick I couldn't even walk through the rows to pick the fruit.

Yes, a lot of work but so much to be thankful for. I love my family and friends and gardening and quilting. Working with flowers and plants are a joy to me. This past spring I propagated 14 pots of chrysanthemums to be planted. Many years ago I took the Master Gardner's course at Washington State extension service. I learned so much and the more I play with the plants I remember why I love them so much.

Gardening really is a lot like quilting with the different colors, patterns, textures and design.Here are a few pictures of beauty from the garden and the compost pile. Sort of reminds me how we are when we are close and trusting the LORD. When we're not in His will, it's the compost pile but a chance for new growth. Hmmmm, now I have to think about that.
Ha, ha, I think I'm ready to get going. My cup needs a refill and my mind has been renewed as I remember the many blessings that God has given me. 

Carpe Quiltiem y'all.
Woodie



3 comments:

  1. I remember picking raspberries at my grandparent's farm when I was a kid. The bushes were taller than I was! Wish I could grow raspberries here (So Cal) but its more suited to citrus. (Which I love too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the memories of living in the middle of an orange grove in Costa Mesa/Tustin, CA area. Loved burning orange wood in the fireplace. Our last home had orange trees in the front and we just picked and ate to our tummy's delight. I've always loved our years in CA.

    ReplyDelete