I SPY
{{{Grin}}}
Well, I had to use the Year 2000 prints in something.
There are 200 hexagons and 400 triangles. I did not duplicate any of the hexagons.
No one told me how to sew these babies together. I used Ricky Tims Razzle Dazzle thread by Superior Threads. Lots of glitter and I love it.
OK, let me be honest. There were instructions in a library book. You know sometimes you just need to talk to someone about piecing. That's called sharing.
Actually, can you find anyone who has done this I Spy? I've only seen them with squares.
Actually, can you find anyone who has done this I Spy? I've only seen them with squares.
Can you see why I smile each time I see this quilt?
Let's see how many of these novelty prints you may still have.
What year did I piece and quilt this, you ask? My sister and I collected fabric together and also separately. We would mail each other fabric and were actually giddy over some of the novelty prints. She was collecting for two quilts. I had one young grandson at the time and I made one quilt in 2003, which has been used by three grand-darlings.
Sister-dear is still collecting. Bless her little heart.
Carpe Quiltiem y'all
Woodie


No comments:
Post a Comment