Friday, May 16, 2014

Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow

Just read a friend's blog and she hadn't posted anything for two weeks. I only wish that was the case with me. She puts me to shame.

We live in such a beautiful spot on this planet here in the Great Northwest and when warm weather hits all blooms open and we're outside trying to keep the growth from taking over the house. Believe me that can be a full time job.

This is also the time of year I have to get outside, walking at Chambers Bay with Mickey and doing photo shoots.

The February photo shoot was so bloomin' cold my tooshie froze and the wind whipped us around like a kite. I love flying kites but that's another story. I will get a pair of those cute gloves with the holes in the fingers. That would be cool in more ways than one. Purple or pink neon, perhaps?


My dot-er took me on a photo shoot to Gig Harbor (just across the Narrows Bridge) on Mother's Day. Oh, I learned so much and everywhere I looked I thought of quilts. Just look at the reflection in the water, the lights and the darks and the colors of the clouds. Oh, you know what I mean.

Her Majesty, Mt. Rainier decided not to show her head but the clouds were playing with us.


Today's plans are subject to change; There's a maple tree that has to be cut. It's not suppose to be growing in the middle of the raspberries. My chain saw, yes mine, is my second best tool. Of course, my Bernina (Nina) sewing machine takes first prize. Then there's the side of the garage that has to be taken care of but that will be tomorrow. Perhaps.

I quilted the Mystery Quilt, Cat's Meow last month. I want to do a wave border (not scallop) and I'm holding back. Is that another perhaps?


Sew Quilty friends and others, this is compost season for the inside of my home. Yes, I'm afraid the outside has my attention other than the inside. 

Carpe Quiltiem y'all.
Let's seize the day.

Love, love,
Woodie




2 comments:

  1. Huggs Aunt Woodie! And Happy Mothers Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to HUGS in August.

    ReplyDelete