Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Puget Sound meets Hurricane Ridge and Bears

Yes, this quilt has been posted previously but never having the Olympic Mountain Range as the backdrop. My daughter took me on another photo shoot and this one was in the Olympic National Forest. We parked at Hurricane Ridge and enjoyed the scenery, talked to a few people and had such a fun time.

It was almost 90 degrees and a wonderful wind blowing. We saw several mama deer and lots of little babies.

I made a note to myself to not leave home without some quilts. I'm always seeing opportunities for a picture.

The quilt is Summertime at Woods' Cove. We lived 23 years on Vashon Island in the Puget Sound. OK, I know the original name of the quilt is Summer in the Park. I've been known to make up words so I can change the name.



My daughter and I pulled off the road in a designated parking area; set up our tripods and cameras and started shooting.

Here we were in the Olympic mountains taking a picture of the Cascade Mountain Range, the water and Canada. We cut our shooting short when I heard a grunting sort of sound. Kept hearing it and since I've never heard a bear we both decided it was a bear. Dot-er told me to go to the car. Well, I had one more shot to take. I heard her again say, "Mother, go to the car." We both high tailed it to the car. I don't think mace would deter a bear and I sure didn't want to find out.

It's Summertime and the living is easy. Watch out for those pesky bears.

Carpe Quiltiem y'all.
Woodie

No comments:

Post a Comment