These two pictures were taken from the Chambers Bay Facebook page. Someday, I'll post some of mine.
Chambers Bay is a little over a mile from my home. The 2015 US Open will take place here in June, 2015. The whole area is so excited. No, I'm not turning my Quilty Haven into a B & B.
This is
where Mickey-dog and I love to walk on the paved paths.
Waiting patiently to begin our walk.
One night a few weeks ago so many people stopped to see if
Mickey would train their dog. Just kidding but that dog of mine (did I just say
mine?) knows who the alpha is especially when I have my hand on the leash.
Anyway, that night I couldn't get more than 30 feet from the
car because so many people stopped me. Let's see, one young woman had a Jack
Russell Terrier with an attitude. I helped him to stop jumping on me. One snap
of the fingers did it with my very firm voice. Doesn't he know he's a squirt
next to 34 pound Mickey-dog? Yes, I spell d-o-g so you're not confusing him
with m-o-u-s-e. I lived eight miles from Disneyland for 12 years but that is
another story.
Another couple had two dogs and yes, I did make over them
just to be kind. In my book, I walk the dog and not the dog walking me. When I
stop, he sits. Sometimes I wish it were the other way around but it isn't.
One older (I use that word lightly since age-wise, I am one
or getting very close) lady and I chatted for ever so long. I actually found
out where she goes to church, etc. I knew that they were building a new church
and meeting elsewhere. I love it when people open up. Two widows sharing that
probably wouldn’t have shared with others.
Another person had a camera around her neck and had been taking pictures. I also learned that she was an educator in our school district, her best friend in CA had just lost her husband and this woman couldn’t go to the funeral. Yes, I did comfort her and told her she could be a good friend from a distance and listen to her friend and even cry with her. We talked for longer than I would have liked but you know what? I benefited from all these conversations and now we’re not strangers.
Mickey and I usually walk 2-3 miles. I think we did pretty
well in the 30 feet that night.
Oh, did I tell you I had my camera ready for some night
shots. Not one shot was taken that night but a few nights later I wanted to
shoot the sunset. Ha, ha, ha. Got a few
shots in but the dark clouds settled in over the water. I met a few more people. Mickey is quite the
terrier, holy, that is.
When we walk on the pedestrian bridge over the RR tracks he
gets excited because we're going down to the water. Also, if a train goes by
and you're standing on the bridge, the engineer blows the whistle. Yes, of
course, I wave. I grew up across the street from the railroad and I still get
goosie-bumps when I hear a train whistle. In the middle of the night It’s
comforting to hear the whistle as the train speeds on to the next destination.
Snow capped Cascade Mountains in the background and Locks of Love on the fence.
By this time he's a tired pooch.
Hope you enjoy the pictures of beautiful Chambers Bay.
OK, one more picture relating to quilts, not really, but in my world everything is quilt related.
Picture this!!! An unforgettable quilt hanger.
Next time I'll share pictures from my six week trip to Michigan. Lots of quilt shops and two (2) beautiful quilt shows plus the Michigan Quilt Road Trip anda, anda....
Missed y'all.
Carpe Quiltiem.




No comments:
Post a Comment