I belong to an on-line quilty group and they're always wanting to know how many UFO's., WIP's, etc., etc. Today I'm focusing on the finished quilts for 2014.
In January I started my first mystery quilt. It was only a mystery if you did one clue each week. I waited until all the clues were published before starting because I used two different fabrics for one clue and I wanted to make sure it was eye pleasing. Actually, not just any eye, had to be mine. You see I can be spontaneous, but I have to plan for it. (I hear you laughing.) I pieced the quilt and even quilted it on a longarm and it's gorgeous. Most of the fabric came from my collection. I miss it but know it's happy, happy being in a quilt.
Cat's Meow
When batik fabrics hit the market I thought "who in the world would...." Well, me for one loved them. I made this quilt from"my collection" and didn't have to buy any fabric. The pattern is Fat Friday. Now you tell me, what quilter wants a quilt with that name. Since I finished it on a Wednesday its called.....drum roll please.
Wowsie Wednesday
Blue and yellow make me smile and especially if the fabric is in "my collection." This was a tutorial from the Missouri Star Quilt Co. and was so fun and easy. It hangs in the powder room.
The Big Yellow and Blue Star
The most favorite person in our family has to be my dear Aunt Sylvia. I believe most every kid in the family has lived with her and her husband. They were role models that anyone would want. She loves the quilty items I've made for her. This summer I made a table topper. I did a scalloped border and it was so easy with that nifty Eleanor Burn's tool that I got from Missouri Star (MSQC). No, I didn't have a pattern. Just took some five inch charms, added some fabric with glitz and made disappearing nine patch blocks. You sew a nine patch block, slice and dice it like a cross. It now is a four patch. That's why I call it a "Deranged 9 Patch." It's not easy living inside my head. I made enough blocks that looked just right, quilted it and packed it for my trip to Michigan. Since I would be gone for six weeks I sure didn't want to run out of projects.
My Just Right TableTopper that found a home on the back of the Sofa or Bench.
One of my most favorite places to go to is the Library. Art and I would go at least once a week and made friends with almost everyone there. One young librarian and her hubby had their first baby in December. When I found out about her expecting I ran home and gathered flannel from "my collection." Didn't have a pattern but made some four patch blocks and fussy cut some others. After the precious baby boy was born she and her husband and baby met me at the library and I gave them the quilt. It's bigger than a baby quilt and he'll be able to use it for years.
Sophie's Baby Boy's Quilt
I had the privilege of making quilt blocks for Quilt of Valor. I mailed my blocks to a quilter in Colorado and she sewed them together, someone quilted them and they are given to well deserved veterans. God bless them.
My heart aches for the sweet little ones in Mary Bridge Children's Hospital. I've only made one for them but will make more. I'm still making kimonos for Tandala Hospital in Africa. Our Helping Hands ladies group at church has help support them for years. The ladies still roll bandages, make different items for the staff and of course the babies.
Well, dear ones, Have a Blessed 2015 and GO SEAHAWKS!!!
This picture was taken by Stephanie Sinclair Photography. You'll find her on Facebook.
Let's Quiltify the World.
Woodie
Well, dear ones, Have a Blessed 2015 and GO SEAHAWKS!!!
This picture was taken by Stephanie Sinclair Photography. You'll find her on Facebook.
Let's Quiltify the World.
Woodie



No comments:
Post a Comment