Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Oh, that 1/4" seam allowance. Yes, it does matter.

This link is such a good tutorial, short and simple. She explains is very well.
http://www.keepnuinstitchesquilting.com/see-why-it-matters-to-you-to-use-a-scant-14-inch-seam-allowance-2-videos/2/

Sometimes we struggle with getting that perfect seam allowance. There are presser feet for each machine and if not, there's always the masking tape trick. Well, why settle for just any tape. Color coordinate with your project or a color/pattern that makes you happy.

The happier we are, the prettier the quilts are. That's what I believe and I'm sticking to it.

Another thing that makes me happy is taking pictures of family, our beautiful Northwest and of course, quilts.

Mickey Dog and I love to walk at Chambers Bay and yes, I know that the US Open Golf tournament will be held there in June. I tell you the whole county and probably western WA is very excited. That means that Mickey Dog and I won't be walking there during that time in June.

This is Sunday night's sunset shot from the upper path at Chambers Bay.
No, I haven't forgotten about my quilts. I will cutting binding for one today.

In the meantime, let us Quiltify the world. I'll do my part here in my neck of the Woods.




























No comments:

Post a Comment