Friday, April 3, 2015

17th or 18th Century

Greetings from my neck of the "Woods."

    One day last week was a double special day. Now every day is wonderful but my cousin, Julia sent me a card that had this picture on it. 

    It is a Skirt Cloth Patchwork from the Coromandel Coast, 17th or 18th century. It measures 223cm x 422cm. Now I did the conversion and that's 88" by 166". No, it isn't a quilt but if it were it would be huge. I've pieced and quilted king size quilts but not this big. Julia and her husband travel a lot and her cards are so interesting since they visit places I've never been. They just returned from a month in Indonesia, beginning in Singapore. She is not a quilter but loves textiles and museums. Yes, it runs in our blood.                                                                                                                      Now, lets go and Quiltify the World. Woodie                                                                                                                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment