Thursday, July 5, 2012

Talked a big talk yesterday about quilting....

The joke is on me. Yesterday was going to be a quilty day BUT the weather was beautiful. No triple digits here except in the coffee pot.

I spent most of the day outside and didn't even whine when meal time rolled around because it was already prepared from the day before. Number 1 dot-er brought blueberry cobbler, blueberry muffins, macadamia nut-white chocolate bars and a pasta salad. I'd baked artisan bread and made a few other salads so mealtimes were easy-peasy.

Pulled a few weeds in passing, trimmed ivy growing from the neighbor's side of the fence coming in to our side. Doggonit. Ivy is evil stuff. Filled a few holes with wood putty from where the old flag pole bracket used to be.

Encouraged Art to walk the driveway and get some exercise. He pointed out that bird poopie was on the car. Hmmmm. He really needs to walk more each day. I sure don't want him in a wheelchair. The walker is much easier to handle.

THEN, happy 4th to me. Settled in with a book and read the whole 300 pages. Very peaceful listening to the water from the fountains and hearing the birds.

Fireworks started early with a bang and ended with a BANG. So far the street is clean in front of us but I haven't checked our roof yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment