Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A New Year, A New Quilty Closet

This is a short You Tube video. A must watch.

100 Ways to Hide Your Stash
Song sung by Cathy Miller
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OKiiOH5oJfs#!



I didn't have to hide anything. Although it took me a little time to tell Art about some purchases. He always encouraged me to go to a quilt store and buy, buy, buy. Couldn't disappoint him now, could I?

Hey, he kept his candy stash from me! Several friends shared at his memorial service on 12/8/12 about buying chocolate and sodas for him and putting them in the secret "pick-up" place. Art had made his shopping list and put it and the money in a bag and placed it in the "drop-off" spot. Boy, do I miss him.


A New Quilty Closet

There are two six foot closets in the Quilty room and I used one for my clothes. Batting and fabric are in the second closet.  I have moved most of my clothes to the closet off the master bedroom. I kept a few jackets in this closet because I'd filled my new closet. 

Can't wait to go to my favorite big box store today to buy a shelf so I don't have to stack the goodies so high. Doesn't really matter how high the shelves are because I have a step stool in every closet. 

Well, that did free up more than half a closet. I now have room to hang the garment bags in the closet instead of on the wall behind the door. No, of course there are no clothes in the garment gags. They're quilts, wall hangings, etc., that are seasonal.

 I put two sewing machine cases and one serger case in the closet. It certainly did clear up some floor space. Also used one shelf and put 10 boxes of thread; silk, rayon, poly, serger, and of course, cotton. Also includes variegated and specialty threads to embellish quilts, table runners, banners, and anything that might fit under the presser foot.

The shelf includes five UFO's to complete. Only five? That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

I don't hear any fog horns this morning so it must be drizzling. It's a very good day!!!

WW




No comments:

Post a Comment