Most of you know that Art is under hospice care and the "seriousness" is a reality. Well, this whole week-end we have been blessed beyond our wildest dreams. It was all about family and friends, pizza, plums, and a Subway sandwich.
Saturday, the kids came over and we feasted on Papa Murphy's Cowboy pizza. Art sat on the lanai the whole time we were out there, probably about two hours.
Twelve year old grandson got up on a ladder in the Italian Plum tree behind the garage. He tasted first hand what sun ripened fresh fruit is all about .He was amazed! His eyes sparkled that a "plum" could taste that good. He didn't know what to do with the pit. I told him to spit it in the compost pile. A big grin because that was fun.
The 10-1/2 year old grandson held the ladder and the five year old granddaughter put the plums in two HUGE bowls. Aunt Stephanie taught them how to shine the plums on their sleeves. Not a plum was spared.
Ray and Julia commented perhaps they need to plant a plum tree. Yes, of course you do.
We took a break to eat and the boys made rootbeer drinks out of rootbeer syrup and club soda. They were a hoot. Much better than Mugs if I do say so myself. Me, I'm a sweet tea, peach or blackberry girl myself. I'm Sutherin', you know?
After eating, son Ray thought he was a speed walker in the Olympics and entertained us with his antics.
Can't you see the eyes rolling and hear the laughter?
All three younger kids went back to picking. We knew where they were by watching the limbs move above the garage roof. Two hours of picking Italian plums. Each family took home a shopping bag full; hundreds and zillions of plums.
This is too long but I'll continue. Today Karen and Ken came over and she and I went out for subs. We brought them home to eat here. TJ, daughter's Mr. was here. What a delight to see everyone and catch up.
They were in their car driving away and a friend from church called. Terry said that they miss Art at the Men's Bible Study and Feed. Art misses being there and is thankful for our friends and prayers for us.
Just highlights and not everything about other family members. Like I wrote, we have been so blessed this weekend.
Yes, Karen and I looked at Quilts and more Quilts. You thought I'd forgotten, hadn't you?
No comments:
Post a Comment