The hospice nurse will be here this morning. I have a few questions regarding Art's care. We're so very thankful for the Franciscan Group Hospice organization and they're only about 1/2 mile away (as the crow flies) but a mile driving. They are so compassionate and are as concerned about the caregiver (the wifey) as they are the patient.
Let's see, there is the nurse, then the bath aide comes twice a week and someone comes for three hours a week to clean the house. Can you believe it? A massage therapist did six sessions with him. There is a volunteer group that will do yard work. I haven't needed them because we have two young men that have been working for us about four years now. The oxygen delivery person is as sweet as pie and as concerned as the others.
We've even had the nurse hand deliver medication so Art would not run out. Also, there is a 24/7 phone hotline so I'm never "alone."
Even with all this help and encouragement it can be exhausting physically and mentally. My precious dot-er is such an encourager and visits and calls and brings edible goodies.
We're so very thankful that the LORD has cared for us and has given Art the best care possible. We thank HIM daily for these blessings.
Off to get Art's meds, get him dressed and breakfast before the nurse arrives.
WAIT, do I hear the fabric calling.............Yes, I do, will this be the day that I enter the Quilting Haven? Will run errands when the cleaning lady is here so we'll see.
It's a gorgeous sunny morning here in the Great Northwest. This is the day the LORD has made. Let us be glad and rejoice in it.
Blessings on y'all.
WW

No comments:
Post a Comment