I have a group of friends that encouraged us to post pictures of our patriotic quilts. Now, that's something I will do. Less words, more quilt pictures.
My friend Betty and I made this banner for church over 10 years ago. We went out of state shopping for the fabric with our hubbys, both named Art. They both served in the military but we did not know them at the time. The four of us were a good team and the guys would cut out the font templates for us and gave their opinion on the banners. Yes, during our stitching time, we ate delicious food and enjoyed the Mariner's baseball games, keeping the guys happy. They are missed.
Church Banner
Mickey Dog with his Master's quilt
Deranged 9 Patch
(Really it's a D9P)
Table Runner
The Moose in the Moon (Yes, a moose can be patriotic.)
Streak of Lightening
I've been wanting to make a "Quilts of Valor" quilt for a very long time. Been on their website and there are patterns to download. Like I need another pattern. How about a D4P or a Streak? Yes, I feel another patriotic quilt coming on.
Today is a Quilts of Valor Sew-In. I'd better get busy. How about you? Have you made a Quilts of Valor quilt? Let me know. I'd love to see a picture.
Keep on "Quiltifying" and let's cover our world. Goodness knows, we don't have enough beds for all the quilts, but that won't stop us now, will it?
Carp Quiltiem y'all.
Woodie


No comments:
Post a Comment