January was the beginning of a brand new year for me. Also a brand new quilt and a brand new life.
This was the first year in 40 years that I did not share with my husband. The year started with me "de-boning" some of Art's cotton shirts to use in a scrappy quilt. It has 144 blocks and is king size.
A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains
I don't remember who took this picture but it shows some of the beauty of our state. This is a shot of Gig Harbor. Her Majesty, Mt. Rainier is out in all her glory. My daughter came up with Her Majesty.
Some of the family made a visit to Tahoma National Cemetery on Easter. Art planted daffodils years ago so I cut some to take.
We also visited on Memorial Day and it was quite spectacular to see thousands of American flags. I stopped by Christmas afternoon for a visit. It was the first time I had been there without a family member. Yes, I know Art isn't there. He's with our Heavenly Father. These visits have helped in the grieving process.
March - Sewed Charity quilts at Calico Threads Quilt Shop
They say you can sew this baby in an hour. Silly me, I believed them. Well, it took an hour from each time zone. Happy, happy, happy when it was finished because we were next door to a Subway. It smelled so good. Glad I'd eaten breakfast earlier.
Another Spring time quilt for my daughter's friend, Mimi.
It's fun hanging quilts in unexpected places.
I have so many ideas but it's a little damp to hang them now.
One of the many lavender fields in Sequim, Washington
What's extra special about the Lavender Festival is the Sunbonnet Sue Quilt Guild's Show.
Beautiful quilts and there's a bed turning. That's when there is about 15-20 quilts on a bed. Two ladies with white gloves turn the quilts back while a narrator gives a description of each quilt. Some are antique quilts and have to be handled very gently.
We're never too far from Puget Sound and Flowers.
We lived 23 years on Vashon Island and had waterfront property. We had a lovely view of the west side passage and the Olympic Mountains. Yes, we rode the ferries. The word bridge was a fighting word.
I was born in a house on the Tug River in WV and have lived on the Atlantic Ocean, the Gulf of Mexico and the Pacific Ocean. I absolutely love the Puget Sound area of Washington state.
This was taken at Chambers Bay near my home. On nice days Mickey Dog and I walk at least two miles. He sleeps better and it's so enjoyable meeting other people with their pooches.
Unlock those Locks of Love
Dog meets Puget Sound
Mickey was Art's dog but now he's mine. He's a great dog.
Summer at Woods' Cove Quilt
This is really Summer in the Park but because of our Island living I renamed it "Summer at Woods' Cove" after a sign Art made.
Blue Moon (It's ok to sing it.)
Summer Time and the living is easy.
We had a lovely summer but Fall came with the leaves turning.
Bad Hair Day
Stained both decks and benches. Did I say Life is easy during Summer? Actually, did the staining in the Fall.
Many UFO (unfinished objects), UFQ (unfinished quilts) and WIP (work in progress) to look forward to completing in 2014. How about you Quilty Friends? I'm sure you have a few also.
A little wall hanging for my dot-er. She loves Fall.
December: The snow melted by early afternoon but it was sure beautiful while it lasted.
Should have used a few more pillows.
Happy New Year dear ones. God's Blessings on our new Year.


I downloaded these two pictures of the Space Needle. No credits so I don't know who took them.
I downloaded these two pictures of the Space Needle. No credits so I don't know who took them.




a.jpg)




.jpg)







No comments:
Post a Comment