My fabric choices for the Mystery Quilt 2014.
OK, let me tell you I don't do well not knowing what the end product of ANYTHING is. Yes, that's right, you're telling me that I'm supposed to start cutting fabric and I don't even know what the design is.
Could it be because I'm doing this with an on-line quilting group? Never met any of these beautiful ladies (and a few men, but that's another story) and it's sew much fun because we're from all over the world. Most of them are having a Snow in, Sew Day. They're covered with ice and snow and below zero weather. I'll take our great NW mist any day. Actually, I have to because I live here.
Could it also be that I talked my sister into doing the mystery quilt? Yep again. I had her hook, line and sinker when I said it only uses three fabrics. I should write I had her rotary cutter, mat and ruler.
The correct answer is "all of the above".
The best part is talking to "sister dear" each day; well maybe twice a day.Well, it's not noon here on this coast and we've talked three times. She's three time zones to the east. We discuss all the fabric, mailing each other more fabric, researching patterns and fabric online and just having a good time.
Yep, I did it and I loved, loved it.
Clue #1
Pressed, cut and stitched waiting for the next clue.
Of course I'll share a little funny. My first experience with a MQ was that I did not have an experience because I did not participate. A decade or so ago I was in a quilt shop that was starting a MQ (mystery quilt in case you haven't caught on yet). They were giving out clue #1 and I actually asked what it looked like. Well, after the eyes uncrossed, they said, "It's a Mystery Quilt" and you have to piece it and follow the clues to know what it looks like. I ran fast and I don't think I've ever been back. Of course I went back. I'm pretty sure my sister was with me.
As I've said before, I don't do well not having thinking things through and knowing what the end product will be.
There are some firsts for me this year. I'm up to the challenge.
Now let's Quiltify the world.
Carpe Quiltiem Y'all.
Love, love Woodie


love your colors! So happy for you to be enjoying a mystery quilt.
ReplyDelete