Tuesday, January 28, 2014
Mystery Quilt, Clue #2
Clue #2 brings me to the Land of the Chevrons. I have traveled most of the United States with excitement to explore state parks and national parks, battlegrounds, caverns, desert, mountains and beaches. I have camped in all of the above and never had a fear.
Until the land of the Chevrons. I read posts from other quilters about sewing the chevrons and the words trembled from fear. My sister and I are doing this mystery at the same time and yes, her words even had me shaking in my boots. Well, I didn't have boots on but I was shaking at my machine. The fear even sent me to my addiction. Chocolate. Oh the wrappers piled up.
I sewed my first chevron then I sewed the side strip on. It matched. I sewed another chevron. The seams matched. Oh joy, what a wonderful feeling. It was a piece of cake. Well, I didn't have any cake but I did have chocolate. I danced throughout the house.
My neighbor across the street came over to see if I was alright. Do you think she heard me singing the Hallelujah chorus?
Ten chevrons sewn and 86 to go to be sewn into 48 units. Woo Hoo!!!
A little mixed emotion. Does this mean that I don't eat chocolate? Say it ain't so.
This is a picture of Clue #1. Can you guess how it's going to be put together?
On to Clue #3. Whee, what a ride.
Keep on Quiltiftying (my made up word).
Carpe Quiltiem (my made up word) y'all,
Woodie
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment