Monday, June 29, 2015

Some of my favorite quilts hanging on the walls.

Fewer quilts but thousands of photos taken this year. The sunsets have been glorious, the water never bluer and the sky, a big WOW. Getting out almost every evening has helped. I am excited to finish a couple of quilts before the end of July. No, they're not the only UFO's (unfinished objects) but all in due time.

Wall Hanging
Machine Embroidery Designs  
Love the border fabric so much. Should have bought the whole bolt.





Stack and Whack
All 80 Blocks
I couldn't stop stitching because it was so much fun.
Hangs in the Living Room.



This is "Our Moonbean Quilt." Art would wake me in the middle of the night and catch a moonbeam bouncing off the quilt hanging on the wall. One of the last times he was in his bed (not the hospital bed) he caught a moonbeam and we held it together. That, my friends, is a very special memory. The quilt is machine stitched and I quilted it on a long arm quilting machine at my LQS. I did, however, hand stitch the sashiko designs. It still hangs on my bedroom wall.


Bow Ties in Motion
Hangs in one of our favorite rooms, the Garden Room. You got it, four windows with a view of the garden. The ties are not stitched down. We thought it needed a little more motion and decided on the dancers in the black squares. I machine embroidered with gold metallic thread. Not one breakage which was a miracle.


OK, you talked me into one of my almost favorite 
After sunsets, June 17, 2015.
There was no color at sunset but this happened afterwards. 
Lesson to be learned is the "afterglow" or "bluehour" comes later.
People were actually giddy and stopping their cars and talking to me. I was the only photographer on this street. Neighbors came out to talk and Mickey dog enjoyed all the attention. 
A glorious gift from God!


This was taken within walking distance and in "My Neck of the Woods."
I call in the "Sun Star."

Keep on Quilting y'all and take a few shots.
Would love to see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment