Friday, November 9, 2012

Well, a big hello to you and to November.

WOW, what a mental health break I had today. I went to Trains Fabrics shop to their twice yearly fabric sale. I want to help keep all the quilt shops open, you know?

I cannot tell you how much walking into that shop lifted my spirits. Perhaps I should go tomorrow since that's the last day of the sale. It'll be hard to wait until the next sale in June.

I have know for a very long time that quilters are some of the most caring, generous people ever.  So many of the ladies working there wanted to know how Art was and also how I was doing. It's a day by day and sometimes minute by minute. The LORD has blessed us and our marriage.

These are some of the most difficult of times and yet some of the best of times.

One thing I do know is that by reaching out to others and helping them in their time of need, it gives me the strength and sometimes courage for each day.

What mother or woman wasn't touched by the pictures of the homeless in NJ and NY and the eastern seaboard? I've lived through hurricanes while living in NC and Florida. Nothing, I mean nothing that I experienced was as awful as Sandy.

"Sew," I'd like to share the following post. I've followed Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville for over a year now. Quilters like to make sure everyone knows what's happening and the need of so many people.

Another post from Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.


Friday, November 09, 2012


More Quilts for Sandy Survivors!

I received an email message from Carrie who wanted me to pass on the following information:

I am the Long Island Chapter Coordinator for Quilts for Kids .org and am hoping that you can send a shout out for child size quilts. 
We are working with the local schools in Long Beach, pediatricians in the Rockaways and the Community Outreach Center of Nassau Community Hospital and Winthrop Hospital to help get warm quilts to people. 

We are also going straight to where the Red Cross Disaster Relief Vehicles are and directly giving to people in need.
Quilts can be sent to:
Carrie Crowley Davis
Long Island Quilts for Kids
304 North Ocean Avenue
Patchogue, NY   11772
Any questions can be emailed to me at ccrowleycsw@aol.com
Here’s another great organization reaching out to help those affected by Sandy and the aftermath!  Thank you so much for doing what you can to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment