Sunday, October 28, 2012

PRAY for our Nation




Woodie & Betty quilting a patriotic banner for church.




Betty and I considered it an honor to make banners for our church. It was so much fun and our husbands (both named Art) were such encouragers. We called them the "Art Gallery".

Betty and I would be busy cutting and sewing and the four of us would usually be watching the Seattle Mariners baseball games. 

The guys would be busy cutting out the templates for the letters. The four of us always agreed on what font we should use. Of course there was always lots of food and goodies.

We also took field trips to fabric shops in Washington and Oregon. We were always searching for that perfect fabric.

 Betty's Art passed away a few years after we started making the banners and now my hubby is on home hospice. Our lives have changed. I'll forever be thankful for the friendship we shared. 
God blessed us abundantly.
 Note: Woodie's Art passed away on November 26, 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment