Saturday, October 12, 2013

A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains

It's Finished, It's Finished Yes sireeeeeee!

A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains

I bet you thought I wouldn't have anything for the month of October. Remember way back when I "deboned" some of Art's 100% cotton shirts and started a new quilt for a new year and for a new life? My sis, Vera and I exchanged oodles of fabric to make a scrappy Mountain Majesties quilt (a Bonnie Hunter pattern). We tried our best to keep the US Postal service running. You know you can't FB or Email fabric.

I renamed the quilt "A-MAZE-ing Appalachian Mountains because I was born and raised in those magnificent mountains in West Virginia. The quilt is king size and fits my queen size bed beautifully.

I actually finished the quilt in the spring and friend, Jeri Lindstrom did an A-MAZE-ing job quilting. The outside maintenance and gardening took all my time during the summer so I had not sewn the binding. It was so heavy and hot I could hardly hold it.

Last night, 10/11/13 at 9:29 PDT the last stitch was sewn on the binding. Did you see the fireworks and the dancing and hear the woohoos? Maybe not, but I was so excited and put the quilt on the bed. Let me tell you that Hobbs Wool batting is so warm. I was one hot mama. Oops, that didn't sound right but you know what I mean. I shall never be cold again.

Actually, this makes two finished projects for October counting the wall hanging that I posted a few days ago.

Love, love.

Carpe Quiltiem Y"all

3 comments: