Thursday, April 25, 2013

Paducah, Kentucky

Paducah is always ready for Quilters



Paducah, the American Quilt Society Museum and everything quilty is located there. Art and I loved going to the Museum. It wasn't during the big April Show but in September when we had the museum to ourselves. It was one of the last trips we took before he couldn't travel anymore.

No pictures were allowed and he insisted I buy a book that had pictures of the quilts and the people who made them. I've taken classes from some of these wonderful and talented quilters.

Art and I drove cross country every few years and the car would automatically pull into a quilt shop parking lot. He would spend time browsing with me and we always found a fabric treasure. He was an artist and had such a good eye for design and color. We were never in a shop we didn't like. Of course there were some shops we liked better than others. I miss our trips together.

Carpe Quiltiem y'all
Woodie


No comments:

Post a Comment