When I was a young girl I would pick flowers and give to someone on May Day. I would love to give each of you a bouquet from the garden but that isn't possible.
The next best thing is an embroidered basket filled with hand painted flowers. I used watercolors and a tad of oils. I used a variegated thread and it looks so soft and sweet. Decades ago I painted with oils and loved the touch, smell and the whole process. I traded my brushes in for a rotary cutter. Oil paintings and quilts start with an idea, a picture, choosing the colors and touching and smelling the lovely fabric. It's a process and each stroke with the brush and each stitch on the machine adds and builds on a beautiful picture. There are oil painting and quilts hanging on the walls. Art painted with acrylics and there are many of his beautiful paintings hanging on the walls also.
I'm celebrating another completed UFO. Woo Hoo, three completed UFO's this month with cataracts. I may be totally embarrassed after the eye surgery.
Enjoy your May Day and may you always take time to smell the flowers and snuggle under a quilt.
Carpe Quiltiem.
+(377x368).jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment