Monday, May 13, 2013

Mug Rug??? Sachet Bag???

Last year my dear sweet Auntie moved to another state after her husband of 67 years died.
She is now decorating her new home and still has some placemats, embroidered kitchen towels, an apron and hot pads that I'd made for her. I found a little of the fabric and made this little mug rug. Well, you have to always embellish a little so out comes the embroidery machine.

Several years ago when my husband was in the nursing home I made over 50 sachets for the nurses , aides,  housekeeping and kitchen staff. It was a little thank you that Art could give each one of them.

Everyone needs a little sachet bag to hang on a cupboard door. Add a little cinnamon or vanilla essential oils and it'll keep your kitchen smelling sew very nice.

What's this got to do with quilting? The mug rug is a mini quilt and is layered and it's made from quilting fabric.

Both eyes are healing from cataract surgery and it's fun to do small projects and finish them and not have a new UFO.  I have two hunkin' big quilts that are waiting for borders. Not today, but soon.

Carpe Quiltiem y'all.

Woodie


No comments:

Post a Comment