Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day 2013

Tahoma National Cemetery
Memorial Day 2013
Photo: An amazing day at Tahoma National Cemetery to pay tribute to America's heros. So many people, babies, kiddies brought flowers. There was a man there with buckets of flowers giving to people who had not brought any. 
My daughter, her hubby and I went at 11am. We did not stay for the 1pm service. We were able to park at the cemetery but so many had to park at the high school down the street and walk a very long way. We saw high school band members with their instruments walking in the rain. They were playing at the service.
We took zillions of pictures but I chose these three to share. What a day we had. Afterwards they took me out for a Copper River dinner. A little tidbit; I am not sad when visiting the cemetery. I rejoice knowing Art is not there but only his remains. 
All is well. God's Blessings y'all.

Had an amazing day at Tahoma National Cemetery to pay tribute to America's heros. So many people, babies, kiddies brought flowers. There was a man there with buckets of red, white and blue carnations  giving to people who had not brought any flowers.
 
My daughter, her hubby and I went at 11am. We did not stay for the 1pm service. We were able to park at the cemetery but so many had to park at Tahoma High School down the street and walk a very long way. We saw high school band members with their instruments walking in the rain. They were playing at the service. Also the Tahoma Junior High students and staff placed all the flags.

We took zillions of pictures but I chose these three to share. What a day we had. Afterwards they took me out for a Copper River salmon dinner. 

I am not sad when visiting the cemetery. I rejoice knowing Art is not there but only his remains. 

All is well. 

God's Blessings y'all. 


No comments:

Post a Comment